Higginbotham (www.higginbotham.net) has an immediate need for an experienced Loss Control Consultant. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Higginbotham is interested in exploring this opportunity with you.
- Analyze historical losses to identify loss leaders.
- Develop strategic loss control service strategies to reduce losses.
- Provide expert consulting services to assist with regulatory compliance (OSHA, D.O.T., etc.)
- Review and provide professional guidance to implement and respond to insurance carrier loss control recommendations.
- Participate in presentations with the new business production team to help demonstrate value added services and loss control capabilities to prospective clients.
- Conduct safety assessments focusing on the evaluation of site conditions, employee work practices and, regulatory compliance.
- Prepare professional, written reports summarizing observations and discussions from site visits and related client engagements.
- Evaluate and develop client specific written safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Develop and present client specific training on a variety of risk management and loss control topics.
- A professional designation in safety or related field such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CRM, or other designation is desirable
- Possess a working knowledge of the exposures, controls, and regulatory issues for multiple industry verticals, including construction, manufacturing, transportation, retail, real estate, healthcare, etc.).
- A working knowledge of the commercial insurance underwriting process to include experience modifiers, general claims administration, loss ratios, and risk assessment.
- Experience servicing multi-lines of commercial insurance coverage, including workers’ compensation, auto, property, general liability, etc.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Personal presence to interface with top management of other businesses while representing Higginbotham in the highest professional manner.
- Strong presentation skills, including preparation and presentation in both oral and written formats.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with associates at all levels.
- Ability to travel overnight approximately 20% predominantly within the state of Texas.
- Acceptable driving record and proof of auto liability insurance.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to Vance Lee, CSP, ARM, CRM – Director of Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.