Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry’s leading construction firms? Put your expertise and construction safety leadership skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Director of Safety to be located at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a nationally recognized safety program. We have received numerous safety awards and have set company safety records for three consecutive years. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a stake in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
At a Corporate level, this person will plan, implement, create, evaluate, coordinate and oversee the health, safety and environmental management systems towards accident prevention. In addition, this role is responsible for the control of environmental hazards through an established health, safety and environmental program designed to comply with appropriate federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
Administrative controls such as mandatory recordkeeping, reporting, auditing and insurance interaction will be required of this position.
- Manages the department of approximately twenty full time safety professionals
- Oversee administration of Corporate/Project/Sub contractor health, safety and environmental programs
- Conduct surveys, audits, investigations, and gather information and data as required.
- Develop annual goals and strategic initiatives that are measureable and accountable.
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and for developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including, but not limited to Federal and State OSHA, EPA and company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and administer company policies and procedures concerning health, safety and environmental program implementation.
- Define responsibilities at each level of safety leadership and assure consistent interpretation and implementation.
- Initiate and maintain safety awareness programs to improve employee-owner and sub-contractor awareness.
- Provide guidance to project management through interpretation of the company/owner/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain professional relationship with the owners, safety representatives, the safety and health community in the area, authority having jurisdiction and project management.
- Properly conduct and document investigations of project accidents and incidents.
- Maintain records, reports and documents that are required to meet corporate, client or regulatory requirements.
- Administer a project management/safety orientation for all new employee-owners.
- Analyze safety concerns and recommend solution to those concerns.
- Maintain proper documentation on employee-owners’ safety violations.
- Work with operations leaders during pre-construction activities to ensure safe execution of work
- Monitor Subcontractor compliance.
- Incident management & severity mitigation.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and construction experience.
- Recognized certification as a Safety Professional i.e., CSP, ASP, CHST
- Minimum of 15 years’ progressive experience in the management of safety and health processes.
- A minimum of 8 years’ management level experience.
- Commercial Construction experience preferred.
- Up to 40% travel required.
- Must have good communication skills in both verbal and written.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). To learn more about Employee-Ownership, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin (“The Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.