BGIS is currently seeking a Safety Manager to join the team as a member of our growing critical facility management division (Chicago area) – Remote.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS’s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
Manager, Superintendent, and Foreman on job sites with adherence to company safety and loss control policies.
- Assists Business Units in the Development of annual Safety Business plans.
- Identifies Gaps in Safety performance through auditing and incident investigations.
- Sets Safety Training expectations for assigned Business Units.
- Drives Safety planning; particular emphasis on pre-construction Safety planning.
- Assists the Project Manager, Superintendent, and Foreman on job sites with adherence to company safety and loss control policies.
- Administers Safety Program and initiatives to reduce risk of accidents.
- Assists in the development of Safety programs during pre-construction phase.
- Verifies that subcontractors are conducting the proper training as per OSHA standards.
- Evaluates subcontractor safety programs for comprehensiveness and compliance with BGIS policies.
- Conducts safety audits.
- Conducts effective work orientation for new employees.
- Investigates and reports claim information to Safety Director.
- Conducts safety meetings and issues minutes.
- Implements and supports safety incentive program.
- Provides safety reports as needed.
- Promotes safe work practices and conditions in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
- Participates in Safety related events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Safety Engineer.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations required.
- Three (3) years of experience with emphasis on construction and/or industrial safety preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- Experience in Safety Management preferred.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Physical ability to navigate job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed. May include uses a company vehicle.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.