Location BLU Coppell Plant – Coppell, TX
The Safety Supervisor must be knowledgeable of OSHA requirements. The Safety Supervisor will handle a broad range of responsibilities including development and implementation of written programs, training of employees and contractors (including orientation, annual training), auditing for adherence to policies & procedures, etc. Maintain compliance with all corporate programs, as well as all Federal, State and local regulations. Prepare for, coordinate and participate in audits and investigations as well as recommending corrective action. The primary function of the Safety Supervisor is to assist with protecting the safety of all personnel on the work site. The company meets this goal by maintaining the highest standards for both the employees and the equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation of the high performance standards and adherence to procedures.
- This would include following up with all departments to ensure necessary procedures are written, associates are trained, and the validation of job tasks in accordance to such procedures
- Provide and maintain all pertinent documentation such as procedure training and accident reports.
- Work in conjunction with all departments to ensure unsafe conditions are identified and corrected.
- Conduct accident investigations within 72 hours of an incident to determine causes, provide corrective action, report findings to management, and communicate results to the general plant population
- Provide periodic safety training in areas such as proper lifting techniques, fire protection, and plant evacuations.
- Conduct weekly safety audits to determine and report unsafe behaviors and practices and communicate such findings to supervision for corrective action.
- other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational management
- Equivalent to 5 or more years of experience in an industrial setting
Key Leadership Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills – verbal and computer skills. Knowledge in various Microsoft software such as excel, PowerPoint, and word.
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Bi-lingual (Spanish & English)